GOM COVID-19 Precautions and Pay Practices
Effective August 26, 2021:
- Unvaccinated employees and contractors working on GOM offshore platforms will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or rapid antigen) completed 72 hours (3 days) prior to going offshore. This test must be arranged by the employee/contractor and the results of the test must be provided to the following e-mail address GenesisSafety@genlp.com at least 24 hours before reporting for duty.
- If an employee or contractor subject to the above requirement is unable to provide a timely negative COVID-19 test result, the employee or contractor will not be allowed to board any mode of transportation scheduled to an offshore platform. Such employees will not receive salary continuation for the time they are unable to work and will be required to use PTO.
- All employees and contractors going offshore, regardless of vaccination status, will continue to be subject to a COVID-19 test at our contracted clinics prior to going offshore.
- All employees and contractors, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a face mask while in close proximity (within 6 feet) to anyone else aboard an offshore platform, helicopter or marine vessel and while in shared/common indoor areas of GOM facilities (i.e., galleys, meeting rooms, control rooms, lounges, corridors, etc.). Masks must be worn over both the nose and mouth.
- Unvaccinated employees who have to be removed from an offshore platform due to COVID-19 symptoms and subsequently test positive for COVID-19 will not receive salary continuation for the 7-day waiting period before Short Term Disability coverage goes into effect. The employee will be required to use PTO for this 7-day period.
- Vaccinated employees who have to be removed from an offshore platform due to COVID 19 and/or symptoms will be paid their normal hourly rate for the lesser of: the 7-day waiting period before Short Term Disability coverage goes into effect, or the number of days until they are cleared to return to work.
- Unvaccinated employees who are required to quarantine due to close personal contact with a positive COVID-19 case will not receive salary continuance for the quarantine period. The employee will be required to use PTO for this period (usually 14 days).
UPLOAD YOUR VACCINATION CARD
If you have received your vaccination or when you receive your COVID-19 vaccination, you are required to click on the link below to securely upload a copy of your vaccination card. These cards are kept confidential and store within the Genesis’ HSSE databased. You are required to follow all protocols applicable to Unvaccinated Employees until you properly upload proof of your vaccination record to the link below.
COVID-19 VACCINATION STATUS SURVEY LINK: COVID-19 Survey (Use your Genesis email and password to log in.)
FINDING COVID-19 TESTING SITES
Per the federal government, COVID-19 testing is free. You also have access to free COVID-19 testing using your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) medical plan and an in-network provider. Testing sites may include health departments, pharmacies, free standing laboratories, primary care physicians, and urgent cares. If you get tested using your BCBSTX insurance at an out-of-network facility, like a free standing emergency room, you will be responsible for the full cost.
Use this abbreviated list below to find convenient, in-network providers for COVID-19 testing. Appointments are required so be sure to schedule your test at least 3 – 4 days in advance. Availability is limited in some locations so don’t wait until the last minute!
Click on the testing facility below to get started:
Also check with your local health department for area test sites (listed here).
To access a full list of available in-network diagnostic facilities, check out www.bcbstx.com website or use their ‘Provider Finder’ tool on your BCBSTX mobile app.
Using the BCBSTX App to find a provider:
- Open the App and click on “Find Care In Network”
- Click on “Launch Provider Finder”
- Click inside the search bar and then choose Medical Care > Diagnostic and Other Medical Services > Laboratory
- It will pull up the best match based on your location.
- You may change the location or filter the list as needed.