March 24, 2020
Update from BCBSTx on Home Delivery Pharmacy
Given the recent developments and extensive news coverage about COVID-19, BCBSTx understands the heightened concerns of their members. BCBSTx is actively engaged in and closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. Their top priorities are the health and well-being of members and patients, and the safety of all clinicians who deliver care.
To meet the clinical needs of members and comply with applicable CDC guidance, as well as Federal, State and Local government requirements, BCBSTx is allowing members to refill their maintenance medications early to ensure they have an uninterrupted supply of medication during the COVID-19 threat.
BCBSTX has implemented the following necessary steps to allow members to receive an early fill of their medication for the same quantity as the last prescription filled. Members can contact the pharmacy directly to ask for an early fill. There is currently no end date for this exception policy.
- This early access is for any member, not just those with the actual virus.
- If a local Walgreens offers delivery, they are waiving fees for the immediate future.
- Customer Service is ready to support members if needed.
All pharmacy safety measures, as well as prescribing and dispensing laws, will remain.
BCBSTx encourages members to use their 90-day supply fill benefits for non-specialty medications at select retail pharmacies or home delivery (mail order).
It’s easy to register and order your home delivery prescriptions.
- Online: Register at alliancerxwp.com/home-delivery. When you are done registering you will see a confirmation page. This page will tell you how to order your prescription.
- By mail: Complete the registration form and mail it, along with your original prescription, to the address on the form.
- By phone: Call our Customer Care Center at 800-345-1985 and have your insurance information handy.
Additional ordering options after registration. Ask your doctor to e-prescribe or fax your new prescription.
- E-prescribe: E-prescribing is sending prescriptions electronically. If your doctor is able to, ask them to use e-prescribe.
- Fax: Use the enclosed fax form or log in to your online account to print a prescriber fax form. Give the form to your doctor to fill out and fax to the number on the form.
If you need your medication right away, ask your doctor for two prescriptions:
- One for a short-term supply (for example, a 30-day supply or the amount allowed by your prescription plan) that your local pharmacy can fill right away.
- One for a 90-day supply with three refills (or the most amount allowed by your prescription plan) for your doctor to send to AllianceRx Walgreens Prime.
Free standard shipping. Please allow 10 business days from the time you place your order until you get it at the address you chose.
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime contact Information
Mail prescriptions to:
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime
P.O. Box 29061
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9061
AllianceRx Walgreens Prime Customer Care Center:
- TTY: 800-925-0178
Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- TTY: 877-220-6173
Learn more: alliancerxwp.com/home-delivery